Friday, January 13, 2017

The Yin and the Yang

Grace and Palmer have two very different personalities which I think was summarized perfectly recently: Rick and I are doing the Whole 30 diet- one that cuts out sweets and grains and dairy.  Thirty days without the extra foods in our diet.  Over-achiever Palmer told us he would like to do the "Whole 40 diet" for forty days.  Grace told us she would like to do "Whole Princess".  So, there ya go...my eager beaver and my one who lives in her own world in the clouds and full of pink.

(I must follow up, however, and tell you that on day 1, Palmer was presented with a donut.  "Mom, I'm going to eat this donut and start Whole 30 tomorrow."  Day 2, after school: "Mom, I just can't do Whole 30.  I like sweets too much.  Maybe I can do Whole 2!")
One other story I want to mention for memory's sake: Grace has an obsession with the music played in the car.  Every single day, "Turn it up, please!" "New song, please!" "Louder please.  No REALLY loud.  It's NOT up.  It's quiet.  I want it loud!"  Over and over and over and over.  Round and round and round we go about the content and noise level over the speaker in the radio.  I mostly acknowledge and ignore her requests, which can be tiresome on a daily basis.  But, I know that one day I will look back at these "sweet" days with fondness...
Meanwhile, I will work to embrace the sweet moments that occur daily...
-Bethany



No comments:

Post a Comment