Monday, April 24, 2017

Egg Hunts and Easter

For some reason, Grace ended up attending six Easter egg hunts this year.  Between playgroups and neighborhood festivities and school and Easter weekend, she got pretty good at bringing in the haul. It got to where Grace would wake up every morning and the first thing she would ask is if she could have more candy out of her eggs.
The playgroup gang (Palmer had to miss for baseball practice):
Another day, another hunt...
Petting zoo fun with Jackie.
And then there was the hunt at the Arboretum, which I booked in January when I was worried I wouldn't see a hunt with Grace this year since I was out of town for Easter weekend.  (Whoops.  I forgot about all of our little friend parties! Oh well. It was fun!)
 

I choose to enjoy all of these moments with Grace because the young years go by fast.  Already, my big boy Kindergartner only had the two Easter weekend hunts because he was in school for all of the other parties.

I was out of town during Easter weekend.  But, Rick held down the fort and shot some pics from the annual club hunt.  He said Palmer has learned how to clean up while out on the field!
 

By Easter Sunday, everyone was worn out.  Rick did a good job of coordinating the Easter baskets, hiding eggs around the house, and dressing everyone in their appropriate attire for church and the club. (No surprise that I left detailed lists and outfit piles for poor Rick!)
Of course, any mother could have predicted the chocolate cake staining Grace's dress, but I digress...
The family skipped the annual Easter parade this year in favor of some much-needed naps and birthday cake preps.  I arrived home later that night to a sweet cake, balloons, and presents on my Easter birthday.
Such a sweet ending to a fun Easter season.

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment