Thursday, February 15, 2018

February Love

We've spent a lot of time indoors lately.  I'm hoping these continued cold (for Texas) temps sure help with the mosquitos this summer because we Jordans are not used to being indoors and confined.

Sometimes, I just kick the kids out anyways.  Jumping around long enough will warm them up!
In the meanwhile, we spend a lot of time during the week on homework.  Palmer works hard (although his handwriting is about as stellar as mine) and is really loving to read chapter books these days.  On Mondays, he and I like to set up shop for homework somewhere where we can grab an afternoon treat while Grace is at Spanish lessons.
Chocolate croissants for the win...
Or how about some "rolled up" ice cream.  I'm fine with that, too.  Obvi.
Grace is quite the character.  I asked her if she wanted to read chapter books like Palmer one day.  She told me, "No, thank you.  I will just read kid books."

She also has a hard time being convinced to wear pants.  Apparently, a preschool-aged Bethany had similar issues, but I digress.  

I try.
I've also been researching books and videos to try to teach about the concept of lying/honesty.  So far, we haven't quite mastered the topic.
Nearly a year ago, Aunt Samantha gave Palmer an amazing zip line for his birthday.  Because of the steep slope of our backyard, it was insanely unsafe.  Finally, we had a landing platform built for the zip line and we are back in business.
Even little miss got in on the action...
Palmer has been asking about his tree fort for months and months.  He was so excited when it finally got built.
 
Family dim sum fun.  I've been wanting to go for a long time.  The scene was chaotic and I'm pretty sure the kids ate less than 200 calories, but we got to check it out.
 
Grace was very excited for her Valentine's Day party at school this year.  She made sure to tell me that she didn't need a lunch that day, which was great because I totally missed that memo.
She also got the memo about Valentine's treats and is all about sneaking them out of her treat box when I am not looking.

And heaven forbid her Valentine's jammies not have a skirt.  Girlfriend improvised..
Rick was out of town for Valentine's Day, but passed over the reins for Palmer to be "man of the house".  Palmer asked me to wake him at 640am so he could go downstairs and set some things up before I came down.  Rick and the kids had planned some treats for me before Rick left for his business trip.  Thanks, everyone!
Rick, Rick who?  We are missing our guy.  He travels about three days a week and I have a personal goal of getting more photos of him for the next post.  Thanks for all you do, babe!

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment