Friday, December 14, 2012

'Tis The Season

We are in full blown Christmas mode around here.  My sister remarked that I haven't been blogging much lately.  I quickly told her my lag is due to spending the time between 8:30pm and 10pm in a Christmas frenzy of decorating the house, wrapping presents, making teacher gifts, stuffing Christmas cards, etc.  You get it.  We all understand it's that time of the year.
 I had to get creative with the Christmas tree this year.  "Mommy's" Christmas tree is newly elevated thanks to a wash tub and ornaments are tastefully lacking at the bottom where little hands can reach.


And if those little hands get too interested in "Mommy's" tree, they are quickly scooted to "Palmer's tree".
 

Although I must say Palmer has more of an affinity to violently remove the felt tree ornaments than to carefully reassemble the tree...

Once again, we rounded up our creative friends to help do our gingerbread house.
I love Rick's face in this photo:
Palmer understands the basics:  you mostly eat candy...
 ...and then go to bed and turn it over to the professionals...
And what holiday season isn't complete without some Christmas light watching?  We rented a horse-drawn carriage to see the sights.  It wasn't exactly hot chocolate drinking weather, but we pretended like it was cold anyway.
The sweet Burrus family joined us along with the Stoltz'.
Whew.  Two more weeks of this fun!  I'm looking forward to my brother and sister coming home soon!

-Bethany

1 comment: