Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January

The holidays are over, it's still dark early in the evenings, and the temperature is actually cold outside.  It must be January.

Let's check in on Palmer's Christmas loot.

I thought I had the brightest idea in the world when I bought Palmer this stool for Christmas.
I thought to myself, "I know! I will get Palmer his own stool and stop hoisting him up to wash his hands.  Palmer is going to be so independent!"

Whoops.  Independence=Mischief.  When the house is eerily quiet, my first place to look  is the guest bathroom.  What do I hear?  The splashing of water and little giggles.  Who knew washing your hands was so much fun?  (And it's even more fun when you bring your toys and dog to get washed, too.)

Check out this adorable matchbox car caddy my sister made.




















Palmer loves to line up all of his new matchbox cars and trucks.  I love how is he starting to concentrate on his toys for longer periods of time.
(By the way, a step-by-step list of instructions to make a car caddy can be found here .)

In a moment of cold weather house-bound improvisation, I turned the upstairs carpet into a road thanks to some packing tape....
With a little creativity, I think the packing tape doubles as a very lovely road.  ha!  Yes, it might be a good idea to look into one of those rugs with roads for cars and trucks.

By the way, did you notice my little Dallas Moms Blog button on the right side of the screen?  I have been a huge fan of the Dallas Moms Blog for awhile.  Their posts are helpful and insightful for the local Dallas mom.  A few weeks ago, there was a call for new contributors.  I applied and am just tickled to have been selected as one of their new writers.  My head is already exploding with new post ideas for the city blog.  I'll keep you posted from time to time with my contributions.

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment