Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cookbook Free

I've noticed a major revolution in the past year on how I personally handle recipes.
Not too long ago, I loved to cozy up at a bookstore and peruse a stack of colorful cookbooks.  As time went on, I used a combination of recipes taken from cookbooks and recipes that I found online or in magazines.  If I liked a new recipe, I would cut it out of the magazine or print it out and put it in a little ring spiral that I kept with the cookbooks.

Then, I began the blog and had high hopes to store some of my recipes on the blog for easy online referencing.  A few months after I started the blog, the popular social site Pinterest exploded.  Pinterest is a virtual pin board where you can store anything you find on the internet on your own personal boards.  Thus, I started pinning new recipes to a personal board Recipes I Want To Try.  When I make one of those recipes, I either repin it to another board, My Favorite Recipes, or delete the pin.  

Recently, I realized that I literally haven't cracked open one of my cookbooks in months.  I would even go as far as saying I don't think I've opened one in 2012.  That is a huge transformation.

Why am I telling you all of this?  Because I've had a few people ask me, "Why don't you post recipes on your blog anymore?"  My answer: It's all on my Pinterest board.  Check out My Favorite Recipes board and you will see a ton of recipes that I've made and approved.

And for fun, here's a cute Halloween idea:  

Palmer made Halloween treats for his teachers last week.  He poured the contents of peanuts, M&Ms, and candy corn into a bowl and stirred it up.  Then, he poured the mix into mason jars...without sampling too much along the way!
I was so proud of his concentration and I could tell that he was very proud of his teacher presents.
 -Bethany


No comments:

Post a Comment