Thursday, May 9, 2013

Let's Pretend

We've been seeing a little bit of Palmer's imagination lately and it's so fun to see what's inside that little mind.

Mainly...cars and "work".  (Hmm.  Sounds like the older male Jordan in the family...)

Palmer has been big on pretending to leave the house and "go to work".

He makes sure to don his hat and sombrero "backpack" and keys before leaving the home.
 "Work shoes" are also important.
Especially when you wait for your coffee at Starbucks.
The other day, he told me he was "going to work".  A few minutes later I heard the door open and close and what did I see, but a little boy trying to get into the car.  A few seconds later, he came back in to get his shoes.
A typical conversation between Palmer and me:

Palmer: "Mommy, I'm going to work."
Me: "Where do you work?"
Palmer: "I work in an office with an elevator."
Me: "What do you do for your job?"
Palmer: "I ride the elevator and get a snack and play golf."

Let me give you some context.  When Palmer goes to visit Rick at his office, he gets to play with the putting green in Rick's office and get a snack.

In fact, I bet Rick is busy playing golf and eating cookies right now.  That's what you do at "work", right?

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment