Tuesday, July 14, 2015

4th of July

Yes, I meant to post the 4th of July post 10 days later.  Get over it.  Things sure have been busy around here for a "lazy summer".  Lazy- yeah, right.  We've been filling our days with many summer memories and keeping up with our "real jobs" on the side.
The 4th of July is a very classic holiday in this neck of the woods and I always enjoy our day filled with neighborhood parades, neighborhood parties, and fireworks.
Rick and Palmer entered the go-cart into this year's parade.  Palmer said, "it was fun, but very long and I didn't get very much candy."  So, there ya go.
Meanwhile, Grace and I DID get a lot of candy while sitting and watching the parade.
We always enjoy the morning tradition with several friends.  Little Lila and Grace are just a month apart and I hope they will be as good of friends as their older brothers.
It only took me about 15 times and three different locations to get this sibling photo.  I finally scored at a neighborhood party after the parade:
We spent the evening at the club with the Evans family for swimming, a big ole buffet, and fireworks.
Pre-fireworks jammie time!
I was curious how our one-year-old would do with the fireworks.  She got pretty cranky around 9pm and fell asleep about 10 minutes before the fireworks started. We never heard another peep from Grace as she slept thru the entire show.
Happy birthday, America!

-Bethany

1 comment:


  1. Love the last photo! And her dress with her name is so cute!

    ReplyDelete