Thursday, December 24, 2015

Cactus Jack

My brother and sister-in-law's son, Charles Augustus Cardiff Thomas (CACT, thus the nickname Cactus Jack) was born last week.  The kids and I raced down to Austin to see little Charlie as fast as we could.  Palmer was so excited to meet Charlie and came downstairs the morning of our trip to tell us he had been practicing holding the new baby:
We tried not to overwhelm Holly and Luke's hospital room too much, but just couldn't wait to love on our new little guy.
Palmer already has big plans for Charlie and was so sweet when holding him saying, "Hi buddy.  I love you.  I'm Palmer.  We're going to have so much fun and I can teach you things.  Do you want to go on the big slide at the club next summer?"
I gave the new parents some space (mostly from my super loud children) for about 48 hours and then traveled back to Austin to pick up Aunt Samantha from the airport.
Nana watched my kids and I had two days of Charlie-time without any distractions.  It was so special.
I'm so proud of Luke and Holly.  They are going to be great parents.  Charlie is already surrounded by so much love.  And he knows about perfect timing.  Luke finished his last final of law school and turned his last paper in just a few days before the baby's arrival.  Luke is now a proud graduate of UT Law, a new father, and a terrific husband.  Charlie is going to love all of the adventures Luke has in mind.  Holly is already one of the best aunts I know and Charlie is so lucky to have such a kind and smart momma.
We love you, little guy.
-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment