Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Sugar and Spice...

Just in the last two weeks or so, I've seen Grace take a turn towards the stereotypical "girl" things like dolls and accessories.

You can imagine my delight when Grace took my hand the other day and led me upstairs to her bathroom.  She pointed to her bow holder and specifically said, "BOW!"  I put a bow in her hair and off she went.  I WON!  All my bow training has paid off and she now wants to wear a bow.  Yippee!
She also is quickly putting together quite the collection of dolls.  She loves to come down with any of her "babies" and alternately feeds a baby a bottle and herself the same plastic bottle.  Ha.
I especially love that several of the dolls she is playing with are my own, including my Madame Alexander doll, Chrisnow, and my Cabbage patch doll, Lyle.  Lyle was given to me the day that my brother Luke was born.  I probably need to give these guys a good wash, but I'm a little afraid.
And the accessories are beginning to appear more frequently...
Grace has had a shoe fetish for some time. From being absolutely giddy when someone puts shoes on her to always wanting to hand everyone else their shoes, Grace loves foot attire.  Now, she has found a stash of my headbands.  Convinced they are necklaces, she (daily) stacks all of the headbands around her neck and walks around saying "Neck neck.  Pretty."
Oh my.  This is a whole new world for us.  Hang on to your hats.

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment