Monday, November 14, 2011

Early Mornings

It's been early at the Jordan household for several months.  Palmer has consistently been ready to start the day around 5am.  No matter how long we let Palmer stay in his crib before going to his room, he still wakes at 5am.

Rough.  (Especially for a mom that tries to squeeze in a morning workout before work.)

We tried everything the books said: "Put the baby to sleep one half hour earlier, put the baby to sleep with a full belly, don't go in the nursery until the time that you want the baby to wake and he'll figure it out, etc. etc."

What the books didn't suggest is to put the baby to bed LATER.  We moved Palmer's bedtime one hour later last week (which was really TWO hours later with the time change).  

AND we have good news: slowly Palmer is waking up later and later each day.  This morning, he work at 7:15 am!!  Hallelujah.
Maybe we're on to something.  (I hope I didn't just jinx everything.)

Watch our happy baby.  There's nothing better than a baby laughing.
PS The smocked outfits in the picture and video above are outfits my mom smocked for my brother, who is now 25 years old.  What fun treasures!

-Bethany

3 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures you post! He is so cute and already so much bigger than when I saw him this summer. I am still amazed that you find time (and energy) to work, raise a baby, and cook gourmet meals. Good for you for getting a little extra sleep this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, you are so sweet. Thanks. I don't know how YOU do it. I think of you often. I just have one baby. You've had two babies, two times. THAT amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, his giggles are adorable!

    ReplyDelete