Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day.
I really don't understand the hype about a birthday.  I'm always a little somewhat embarrassed about the attention.

But, Mother's Day is a whole different story and a newly special day.  When you are a mom, you give and you give and you give.  It's a lot of (happy and rewarding) work.  Mother's Day is special because it's a day families stop and say, "Thank you for all that you do" and for me, it's a day to stop and say, "Thank you, Palmer for letting me be your mom."  It's also a day to thank my own mother for all of the work that she puts into raising me.

The boys have a two-year-old tradition of making me a delicious breakfast.
I'm wondering if Palmer was more helpful last year in his two month state...
...than this year when Palmer made a big mess while Rick tried to round up breakfast:
After breakfast, we ran over to Fort Worth to see my mother and brother who was in town for a mere few hours for a wedding.
The afternoon brought a swimming date with some friends where Palmer was sweet to share his lounge chair with his friend Brooks.
And an unseasonably cooler evening made our front porch the perfect venue for a wine and cheese kind of night after the little guy went to bed.
Thanks to my boys for making the day special.  Palmer, I'm so happy to be your mom.

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment