Thursday, May 31, 2012

Aguas Frescas

Yesterday, I was reading one of my favorite food blogs and stumbled across these recipes for Cantelope Basil Agua Fresca and Watermelon Agua Fresca. I had a hankering for the summer drinks all afternoon and couldn't get them out of my head.  Aguas frescas are fairly simple to make with few ingredients, but the process of chopping and straining all of the fruit seemed a little daunting with a toddler at my heels.

On the way home from work, a light bulb went off in my head: I wonder if the nearby authentic fruteria sells aguas frescas. 
Palmer and I were off for a field trip to find out!

What did I see when I pulled up?
Oh HECK yes.  Good call, Bethany!

For $1/each, I ordered a melon agua fresca and Palmer enjoyed the mango agua fresca.  It was love at first sip.
And with the wide offering of seven flavors, you can BET I'll be back this summer, er maybe later today.
-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment