Thursday, September 27, 2012

Eighteen Months

Although I've refrained from regular monthly updates since Palmer's one year mark, I do think it's important to stop and mark the half year occasion.

But first, I would like to ask why my son and my dog are giving me "the look" in this photo.
My goodness, Palmer.  I haven't made you sit here with your elephant in six months.  And Boston, what got in your water bowl?  Sheesh.

"Oh, mom.  We were just kidding."

Eighteen Month Stats:
Height: 34.25 inches (94th percentile)
Weight: 29 lbs, 4 oz (80th percentile)
Head: 46 3/4 cm (20th percentile)
Number of Teeth: 12

Likes:

-TRANSPORTATION VEHICLES:  Basically, if something has a wheel or an engine, Palmer loves it.  I never had a clue how many vehicles we passed on a daily commute until Palmer alerted me.  He happily exclaims, "Bus!" or "Truck!" or "Digger!" or "Golf cart!" (which is a pretty generic description that could actually describe a multitude of vehicles) when we are in the car.  Palmer also loves to play with his cars and trucks and is learning to focus on carefully moving a car down a toy ramp or road.

Palmer's eyes lit up when I pointed out the "golf cart" at the park the other day.  Man, you shoud've seen the little guy sprint across the park so he could go "drive".
-GOLF:  It helps that Palmer's parents also love golf, but Palmer really does have his own harbored love for the sport.  He still happily hits plastic golf balls around the house with his golf clubs and just graduated to a new putter.  Rick took Palmer out the other day for a legit 9 holes and said Palmer could've easily done another 5 or 6 holes because he was so happy to get in and out of the golf cart and hit balls or run around while Rick played the game.

-WATER DISPENSER:  Ugh.  This is a tough one.  Although I'm so proud of Palmer's problem solving skills that helped him to figure out how to fill cups of water from the dispenser, I easily tire of stopping him from over-filling and spilling the cups on a daily basis.  Palmer tells me he wants "wa wa", but what he really means is he wants to fill up a cup of water and not necessarily drink the water.
-READING: Well, let me clarify.  Palmer likes to read about trucks, trains, planes...you get the picture.  I found a lovely book the other day about everyday objects that do not have wheels.  Palmer had no interest in it.
Palmer, we love you so much and are so thrilled with your budding personality.  You are funny, independent, active, fearless, and adventurous.
But, don't grow up too quickly on me.
-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment