Thursday, September 6, 2012

Toddler Class

Palmer transitioned from the infant room at school to the "older toddler" room.  Although we were very sad to say good bye to Palmer's dear teachers, Miss Erica and Miss Natalie, we are eager for all of Palmer's new challenges in the new classroom.

Miss Erica:                                            
 Miss Natalie:
Palmer has been the oldest in the infant room for a few months and therefore apparently bored with the "babies".  He is now the youngest of 12 in the new room and I can already tell he is blossoming in his new environment.
Palmer's vocabulary has exploded in the last week and he is starting to string together more sentences and babbling paragraphs.  We are in that difficult stage right now where he has new words that I can't understand.  He will repeat the same sound about 4 times and look at me expectantly.  I just nod my head and say, "Yes, Palmer.  That's interesting," although I haven't a clue what he is telling me.
Another sign of the new class is the lovely word, "Mine!".  I knew that the "mine" stage was quickly upon us when we went to the open house and a little girl quickly told Palmer the chair was, "mine!".  It's called survival of the strongest in the older toddler classroom. Over the weekend I caught Palmer carrying around his new training potty and arguing to no one in particular/telling himself, "Mine!  No, mine. Mine! No, MINE!".

We're excited about all the new things Palmer will learn in this classroom as the structure is more like preschool with centers and monthly learning themes.  The teachers have already told me that "circle time" is a favorite of Palmer's! I think it's going to be a great school year.
-Bethany


No comments:

Post a Comment