Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby Hot Cocoa

In case you missed the news on social media last week, we are expecting a second child, a GIRL, in May.

I've been asking Palmer for months if he wanted a baby brother or a baby sister.  His response has always been, "I want a baby fire truck!"  As of late, Palmer has taken to naming the baby, "Baby Hot Cocoa".  The "HOT" in the name is important.  You will get corrected if you say "Baby Cocoa" or if you tease him with "Baby Cold Cocoa".

We are very excited, although a little overwhelmed at the moment, about starting fresh in the girl department when we know BOY so well and have all the corresponding "stuff".

I was pretty sick during the fall, but at 20 weeks I am feeling great again.  I'm trying to maintain a regular spin class to keep me strong and full of energy.  I know it's the calm before the storm as I will get big and uncomfortable oh too soon.
I'm glad Palmer will be three years old when the baby is born because he has reached a very sweet stage in life and has a nurturing side.  We've been practicing some big brother skills.  The doll in the shopping cart photo above is a Cabbage Patch doll that was given to me when my brother Luke was born.

Palmer is also independent enough for me to feel good about not raising two babies at the same time (always a concern I've had while considering a second).
Life won't be easy for awhile and we know we have it kinda good right now.  But, we look forward to rounding out our family from three to four (plus a dog).  We are excited (and fearful) of what's in store come this summer.
-Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Congrats! Welcome to the world of pink, pink and more pink!

    ReplyDelete