Thursday, April 2, 2015

Palmer is Four Years Old

Our little guy is four.  In the past year, I look back and think about how much he has changed (big brother) and yet how much he has stayed the same (active, independent, confident).

First things first, our annual milestone photos with Mr. Elephant:

Three Years:
 Three and a Half:
Four Years Old!
And because he is a weirdo:

FOUR YEAR STATS:
Height: 41" (65th percentile) At this rate, he will be 6'1" in his adulthood
Weight: 43.6 lbs (92nd percentile)

LIKES:
SPORTS:
Palmer has officially joined the kids team sports world.  We held off until he had interest and last fall, Palmer declared he would like nothing better than to play soccer.  Given his aunt's (Amanda) collegiate soccer background, we crossed our fingers for a ringer.
Oh boy.  I'm a soccer mom.  I've got cleats and a water bottle in my purse.
Palmer also loves to hit baseballs off of a tee and hit golf balls with his mom and dad.  The other night, we went out to the driving range before dinner and I couldn't help but notice these long legs:
EATING:
This kid has always eaten a ton.  I used to joke that Palmer never learned the sign language for "all done" when he was a baby because he was truly never all done.  Nothing has changed on this front. This kid eats more than Rick and me on a daily basis and I am deeply troubled about him and his teenage friends around the house one day.
FRIENDS:
Friends have become a major point of discussion and interest this year.  Rick and I regularly hear about his school interactions and who is his "best friend" each day.  We just had to laugh when Palmer said one day, "Marshall is my best friend."  I asked, "And who is Marshall's best friend?" Palmer said, "Matthew."

At his party, Palmer was so excited for his school friends to meet his other friends and for all of his friends to meet his cousin Elle.  He is quite the social butterfly.  I have no idea where that comes from. ha!
BEING A BIG BROTHER:
For as much as Palmer is a complete bull in a china cabinet, he has always been such a sweet and gentle big brother to Grace.  As I reflect upon the year, I'm so proud of his transition to life with a sibling.  He adores little Grace and is so good about taking care of her and helping out.  Grace loves to sit and watch whatever Palmer is doing.
TALKING:  Our sweet boy never stops talking all day long.  My dear husband says he gets it from his mom.  I have no idea what he is talking about.

And so because he talks so much, I will end on a little interview with my four year old (it's the journalist in me!):

What is your favorite holiday? When it's scary, it's my favorite time of year.  I looooove scary Halloween.
What do you like to do with your sister? I like to tackle her and then she laughs.
What do you like to do with your mom? I really like to do Halloween.
What do you like to do with your daddy? I really like to make rockets with him.
What do you like to do with Boston? I really like to take him for a walk.
What is your favorite color? Green.
What is your favorite toy? Gracie.  I just love to play with her, that's why I call her a toy.
What is your favorite food? Pudding.
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Waffles.
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Pasta.
What is your favorite animal? Tigers.
Who is your best friend? Marshall.  Marshall was just joking when he said that I wasn't his best friend anymore.  All of the boys are best friends.  The boys don't like girls.
What items do you have in your bed? George, Heart Pillow, Blankie, and Princess Grover.  On my way to ski school, I dropped Grover in the snow and he got lost.
What do you want to be when you grow up? A boat man.  And at the end of the day, I will come back to my house.
How many kids will you have when you grow up? Sixty.  The mom will work and I will work on Mondays and have meetings on Saturdays.

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment