Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pickles

I really hate to be a completely predictable pregnant woman, but...

I just fell in love with the most amazing pickles. To be fair, I've always loved pickles. My parents tell me I was called "pickle girl" in preschool because I used to eat the other kids' pickles off their plates.

Nevertheless, I've heard about the Corsicana-made Picolos pickles for some time now. But, I never found a time where I might be near the little town to pick them up. Lucky for me, the amazing Jimmy's Italian Food Store in Dallas now carries Picolos Bread and Butter Pickles.

And wow. They are *worth* the hype. The flavors are unlike any I've ever had for the bread and butter variety and there's a touch of heat that stays in your chest long after you've had a few slice.

Or maybe that's heartburn. I can't be for sure these days.

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment