Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What's For Dinner?

I'm trying to stock my freezer with meals in anticipation of extra company and little time after Francois' arrival.

Here are some wonderful recipes I've tried in the process:

GOURMET MAGAZINE'S LASAGNA BOLOGNESE: Oh my. This recipe was amazing and I don't know if I'll ever make any other lasagna in the future. The sauce calls for beef AND pancetta. I added a jar of tomatoes to the sauce to make it more tomato-ey. I also substituted the spinach for collard greens because that's what we got in the co-op bin this week. I was worried the greens might overpower the flavor, but they didn't at all. What a great way to "get rid of" collard greens!
http://www.yumsugar.com/Gourmets-Lasagna-Bolognese-Die-2678381

COUNTRY LIVING'S RED WINE AND APRICOT SHORT RIBS: Heads up to any of you that we have over for a future dinner party: there is a good chance you are going to eat this meal. This is the best company dish ever. Why? Because the flavor is rich, intense and tastes like you slaved over it all day. In reality, you spend about 15 minutes in the kitchen and let a crock pot do the rest of the work for you. Note: the grocery store was out of apricots when I shopped for this, so I used dried currants instead. It was delicious and I think you can probably substitute any favorite dried fruit you want to use.
http://www.countryliving.com/recipefinder/red-wine-apricot-braised-short-ribs-recipe-clv0211

INA GARTEN'S APPLESAUCE: This recipe has become a holiday favorite for me. It was a little surreal to smell it throughout the house last night and not go and bust out some Christmas music. I chose to make it this week because we had an abundance of apples in the co-op bin and I was sick of eating apple slices and peanut butter. :)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/homemade-applesauce-recipe/index.html

Enjoy!
-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment