Monday, April 29, 2013

Big Boy Bed

Imagine my surprise when Palmer was supposed to be napping over the weekend while I was writing in the office and I heard a little, "Hi Mommy!" behind me.

"WHAT??!!??  How did you get out of your crib??"

Well, I've heard countless times that when the little one climbs out of his or her crib, that's usually an indication that it's time to transition to a new bed.

I've, honestly, been dreading this move because of all of the worries that come with the transition.

What happens when he wakes at 5:30am and I'm not ready for him to be up?
What happens when he wakes in the middle of the night and needs to go back to sleep?
What happens if he doesn't want to go to bed at night and keeps getting out?

Nevertheless, I've been collecting some super cute items to add to his original baby nursery (and here) and have been excited to redecorate (more on that later).
First things first, Palmer did great on his first night.  He was so so excited as Rick and I set up his "new big boy bed".  He ran around like a wild man for a bit.  Then we read a book in the bed and told him good night and Rick and I quickly ran downstairs to watch the video monitor.

Palmer continued to read a fire truck book using the light from the night light.  Then, we heard, "Good night, fire house" and he laid down and went to bed.

Eleven hours later, he woke up as happy and proud as can be in his new bed.

Go Palmer!  Welcome to a new era.

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment