Monday, April 14, 2014

Baby Girl Nursery Preview

Ahead of next month's expected arrival of our baby girl, I've been making final preparations to her nursery.

Because I'm so used to being a "boy mom" and honestly, a little overwhelmed by the frills and pastels that come with girls, I think the room is a good reflection of being a sentimental and special place without going too crazy.

Like Palmer's nursery, I tried to put together some touches that are special to her new family.

First, I am still in love with our first-born's nursery crib bedding and wasn't quite ready to part with it.  So, I repurposed Palmer's blue seersucker stripes and blue toile by adding a touch of hot pink to the mix.  I love the way it turned out.
This framed dress was my sister and my baptismal gown, made by my mom from the fabric of her wedding dress.  You may recall Palmer wearing the boy version of this outfit from the same wedding dress fabric.
In a mother-daughter spirit of the room, I wanted to be sure to include some photos of my own mother with her favorite daughter.
This room was one of our guest rooms before the nursery conversion and when Palmer was little I used the full-size bed in the middle of the night more often than I care to remember.  I decided I wasn't ready to part with the upstairs full-bed option and am keeping the bed in the nursery for now.  I tried to soften the room with sweet and simple white Battenburg lace for the bed.
Along the same family heritage theme, I blew up and framed a vintage postcard from Rick's mom to Rick's grandmother, Grace, when Gena was in her early 20s and traveling in Greece.
The count-down is on.  Baby girl is scheduled for a c-section on May 22.  We are getting excited to meet her.

-Bethany

1 comment:

  1. A). I am completely and utterly obsessed with this room. If we ever have a baby can I hire you to be our interior designer? Seriously.

    B). I've always thought that Palmer looked like a Jordan, but I can definitely see the resemblance to his mama in that picture of you as a baby with your mom.

    C). Happy Birthday!

    D). Praying for baby girl! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete