Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Landlord

I mentioned earlier that my new schedule was going to allow for some new ventures.  Inspired by our dear friends, the Cordells, Rick and I investigated the real estate market as a way to diversify our portfolio.

We looked into some possible house flips and rental properties before settling on an adorable duplex near SMU as an investment property.

The duplex is in a prime urban geographical location and currently occupied by a tenant on each side.  The location attracts SMU students, grad students, and young professionals.

We are trying to redefine the ways that I can spend time making income in a flexible environment.  Now that I have more time on my hands, the plan is for me to manage any of the day-to-day needs that come up with the home.  If all goes smoothly, we will consider adding future properties as the opportunities arise.

My little helper checking out the weeds in the yard.
He is very helpful....
Every day is a new adventure!

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment