Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sticks and Stones

No matter how much I try to ignore it, Palmer is more and more obsessed with weapons each day.  I try to pretend I can't hear him when he tells me he is "shooting the bad guys", but it's getting harder and harder.

All sticks=some sort of sword or weapon.  I am ever-trying to throw sticks over the back fence into the alley, but I swear the trees overhead in my backyard are against my efforts and keep gifting Palmer with more branches for his imagination. 
Palmer's buddy Charlie had an "army guy" birthday party and Palmer was so so excited to participate in the camo and military activities.

I am currently struggling with how to have good boundaries with this inevitable passage of boy-hood.  At the moment, I am working on "don't shoot at people" and "the trees outside are the bad guys".  

But, I am clearly outside of my territory here...

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment