Friday, April 15, 2011

Week #3

My mother-in-law, Gena, came to join us this week.  It was so nice to have her spend a week with us and Palmer had a great time getting to know his Mamaw/Grammi.  (The name is still up in the air because Gena really wants to be called "Grammi", but her first grandchild is calling her "Mamaw".  To be continued...)
Palmer is starting to become aware of his surroundings.  His eyes are open longer every day and he is starting to notice people and things around him.  He's a huge fan of his play mat and likes to bat at the overhead toys:
Our sleeping beauty:

 
 Palmer continues to be the man of the hour with a lot of visitors stopping by to see him:

Rick's father and Palmer's "Pops": 

 Rick's grandmother and Palmer's "G.G." (for Great Grandma):
My father and his wife, Palmer's "Grampi" and "Grammi C":
Last night, Palmer's umbilical cord fell out.  I was excited to get him on his stomach today so that he can start building upper body strength and neck muscles. He didn't really know what to think about the change of scenery.  :) 
 
 Note that Boston is always quick to make sure Palmer is okay and appears in many of the pictures.  The green striped blanket is a special gift from my godmother up in Michigan.  

And I end with one passing thought: Why do strangers feel a need to share all of their thoughts when I am out with Palmer in public?  We were running a few errands this afternoon and the wind was extremely blustery.  I had someone tell me (when we were inside) that I needed to cover him up.  Excuse me, but I had a blanket completely over him when we were outside, thankyouverymuch.  Okay, had to get that off of my chest. 

-Bethany 

No comments:

Post a Comment