Monday, June 6, 2011

June Grillin' and Eatin'

 
We are really starting to see Palmer's personality shine thru each day.  Palmer likes to stare into people's eyes and smile his big gummy smile.  
He has also started to "coo" back at people when they talk to him.  It is so exciting to see him start to communicate.
 Palmer helped daddy grill burgers over the weekend:
"Yo, dad...I think I would like to eat this instead of milk for dinner tonight.
Whaddaya think?"
Palmer dressed in his Noah's Ark bubble for church:

WHAT'S FOR DINNER:
After talking with two girlfriends in the neighborhood about how hard it is to get a decent meal on the table these days, we came up with the idea of a dinner co-op.  The way it works is... I will make a recipe and triple it in exchange for meals brought by the other women two other nights of the week.  It's a fun idea in theory and it will save time and money.  I'll let you know if the experiment works!

I'm going to kick off my portion of the co-op with an oldie, but goodie: SLOPPY JOES.  I know many of you haven't had this since you were a kid, but it's worth trying again.  This recipe is a classic and personal favorite.  Rachael Ray's Sloppy Joes

The meal is ready to get shipped down the street:
Also, for those of you who are trying to take advantage of this season's rhubarb (I got my first batch in the produce bin recently), here is a recipe for STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB COBBLER.  I made it for the first time this weekend and this combination of tart rhubarb and sweet strawberries was a success: Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler

-Bethany

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea about the dinner exchange..let me know how it works out!

    ReplyDelete