Monday, June 13, 2011

Vacation in Austin

Samantha and I took Palmer to Austin for a few days to visit our brother and his girlfriend.  Although it was exhausting to take the baby out of our familiar routine at home, we had a lot of fun and it was well worth it.

Have you seen this Texas-sized donut featured on the Food Network and the Travel Channel?  We just had to check out Round Rock Donuts on the way into town.
Let me give you a sense of how big it really is...
Luke had our entire trip mapped out.  First stop: Barton Springs Pool.  I've been wanting to go for years and after visiting, I'm not sure why I've never been before.  For a mere $3, you get to visit this oasis:
Since it's a natural spring, the water was far too cold for Palmer.  Instead of swimming, he and I had fun in the shade and enjoying the afternoon with everyone.
We went to an outdoor Bob Schneider concert where Palmer slept sweetly under the stars.  
 Perfectly content with Uncle Luke:
I love this picture:
Austin has completely embraced the food truck idea where vendors park trailers and set up shop around town to sell food.  We hit up one of the food "trailer parks" and enjoyed some eclectic delicacies.  Dallas is supposed to jump on this food truck band wagon in early 2012 after the city sorts out some food permitting issues.  I can't wait.
The Thomas siblings:
I think the little guy had a great first summer vacation.
-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment