Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fun In The Kitchen

Palmer has learned to entertain himself and is less reliant on needing to be held all the time.  It's a wonderful joy to see him laugh at his toys without me by his side.
I have set up a little play area in the kitchen and it's great because I am able to cook, put away dishes, etc. while he plays his little heart out.
I've hung toys from the refrigerator door and Palmer loves to stare up at them.  He also loves his giraffe.  It's the first time I've really seen him grab onto a toy and feel the soft textures of an object.  He'll catch sight of the giraffe's face and crack up.  I love it.
And since I'm in the kitchen again...

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?

This is week 2 of the dinner coop experiment and so far, it's been a huge success.  The Jordan family is contributing chicken lettuce wraps and a raw kale salad this week.  I swear, we get more kale in the organic produce bin than I can handle, so I am always eager to try new recipes with the green.  And of course, Rick turns his nose up at the kale almost every week.  He lives such a rough life... (roll my eyes)
BON APPETIT'S CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/quick-recipes/2011/06/lettuce-cups-with-stir-fried-chicken  I added carrots and shallots (again, an abundance of sustenance from the organic produce bin) and water chestnuts for crunch.

RAW KALE SALAD: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=32067.0  I added carrots and radishes to this recipe.

SUMMER CORN SALAD:  http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/sweet-corn-salad/ This recipe is so fresh tasting and delicious.  I highly recommend it, especially with the 100 degree temps we are seeing these days.

And because I can't resist this smile, here's a parting shot of Mr. P:
-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment